Friday, October 12, 2012

Boys and Girls Club

Boys and Girls Club is one of the weekly organizations on campus. It does not require a whole year commitment. The organization allows students to be flexible with their schedule. We meet every Thursdays from 5-7 PM. It is located in Cleveland on Fulton Rd. The kids range from 5-15 years old.

I chose this organization because I wanted to work with kids. This give me an opportunity to help the kids with whatever they need help. The organization is more informal. The leaders focuses on the kids from 5-10 years old mostly. The older kids are on their own most of the time. It was very chaotic the first time I visited the location. The kids were running all over the place, but once I got to know the kids, they were very sweet. I also found out that they are most from low income family or they have parents that doesn't speak much English.

I would consider continuing with the organization because I would like to get to know the kids a little more. I think what I experienced the first time convince me that I should keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment