Saturday, October 27, 2012

Campus Event

I haven't attend many of the campus events but one event that I found to be very interesting was global friend hour with Dr. Param Srikantia. His presentation was on how education completely turn us into half robots and half human beings. Education system is like a factory, and it is only based on what the input is and what is the output.He said that we're no longer just human beings but walking robots because our "robots" are the ones doing our daily routines and it rarely changes.
I really enjoy this presentation b/c it is another point of view on how we live our lives. He pointed out how we all just want to fit in somewhere and doesn't really want to break out from the norms. The way his presented it was very interesting.
I would recommend this to my friends. And I would like to go to his 5 hours seminar of "Why Life Sucks". I think it would be interesting to hear what he has to say about it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is very interesting! I wish I would of went to that one instead of the one I went to about politics.

    ReplyDelete